AC Refrigerant Leaks: 5 Signs That You Should Never Ignore
November 23, 2017
When talking about refrigerant, especially about those related to temperature systems or the cooling of a car, we are dealing with a somewhat sensitive issue. It is normal for everyone to worry that it may fail and is something completely common; however, for those who do not know much about how this works, today we bring some pretty interesting tips so they can identify the faults that can occur in this system. It is considered that there is an AC refrigerant leak when a specific refrigeration system is constantly losing its refrigerant liquid. The system tells you in its own way that you must do something about it. Here are the 5 signs that you should never ignore:
- Loss of refrigerant in the circuit: When you check the temperature system you may find a strange liquid in the circuit, this indicates that there is something wrong since the liquid is bouncing on top of the system and can even lead to a more serious damage in the near future.
- Excessive heating up of the engine: We may not always be close to our heating system let alone be touching it 24/7. However, it can be felt that this system is overheating and this can only mean that there is a leakage of the coolant, therefore, the heat is not circulating as it should and is accumulating in the machine.
- The system takes a long time to reach the desired temperature: This indicates a large leakage of refrigerant in the system. It may be a very hot day and you need to turn on the air conditioner as quickly as possible, or it is a very cold day and you need to heat your body; however, in both the cases, the heating system takes a long time to reach the desired temperature and you start to suffer and stress out. This may indicate that the refrigerant is leaking somewhere. Go check it out!
- Low quantity of refrigerant: This may not be a type of leak, however, it is a problem related to the AC refrigerant. The system may get heated because it has too little refrigerant or it has already been consumed. If this is the case, go and get more of it.
- Thermostat malfunctions: This is a very important element of any system that is related to temperature. Because of thermostat, it’s possible to control the degrees in which the "climate" of each room will work. However, it can happen that if there is a leakage of the AC refrigerant, the thermostat starts to fail and this is a very serious problem.
These are the 5 signs that you should never ignore since they are the ones that will indicate to you that there is a leak of that vital liquid for your temperature system. Thanks to it everything can be kept in proper order and your days are much happier, hot or cold. Why are you still waiting to check your HVAC system?