Checklist To Use Before Selecting An HVAC Contractor
September 26, 2017
In Hvac Service
Choosing an HVAC contractor to install a new cooling and heating system can be a tough decision. Installing a new HVAC system is a significant investment. When you’re having a heat pump, air conditioner, furnace or boiler installed, the new system will be only as good as the company that stands and installs behind it.
Choosing a contractor for your preferred HVAC system can be challenging since there are numerous options available and picking the right one is very important. To simplify the process of evaluation, here’s a checklist you can use to decide on the best HVAC company for you.
- On-Site Evaluation:Consider anticipating a personal visit to your house so the company will understand your comfort needs and will perform a thorough survey on the equipments to recommend custom HVAC solution.
- Qualified Installers And Technicians:Inquire about the certifications, training, and employee screening process offered at the company.
- >State And Local Licenses:Ask to see the applicable licenses and insurance forms for workmen’s compensation and liability.
- Maintenance Agreements And Warranties:Inquire about availability of the service agreement and manufacturer warranty to ensure your system performs optimally for a longer period of time.
- Answers To Questions: A new HVAC system is a big investment, so never feel pressured when making a quick decision. Consider asking about the process of installation, warranties, permits, financing options, and the advantages and disadvantages of the options.
- Installation And Service:Make sure that the HVAC company repairs the system they install and offers emergency service if something goes wrong.
- Ask Around For Some Referrals:You trust your family and friends, so why not ask for names of the HVAC contractors they have used for their home servicing. You may also compare the online reviews for cooling and heating companies around your area. Check Facebook and Google reviews by searching online. You may also check out some review websites you are interested in.
- Get Estimates:Since pricing is a big factor in picking a contractor, you would want to be sure to compare and request proposals to ensure that the cost of the estimates include warranties.
- Do Research:You would want to be familiar with license and insurance requirements for HVAC contractors. This will surely ease your mind by knowing that the contractor you have chosen meets the state requirements. Contractors must also be willing to give a certificate of insurance. If the company does not have insurance, you could be liable for injuries and some mishaps.
- Search For Special Offers:Some companies have special offers or coupon sections on their website or could be happy to let you know regarding their current specials through phone.
Your chosen HVAC contractor must cater to your home comfort needs and must work hard to earn your trust. A good HVAC contractor is confident with their expertise, dedication, and experience with their customers and will always help their clients find the best HVAC system that will suit their needs perfectly.